The Department of Medical Physics ensures implementation of the provisions of the Radiation Protection Rules (RPR)-2004 enforced by the Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB), Government of India
- • Evaluation and optimization of Radiation treatment planning for cancer patients undergoing radiation therapy.
- • Performing radiation dosimetry, periodic calibrations, quality assurance (QA) testing traceable to national standards laboratory and maintenance of all the radio-therapeutic and radio-diagnostic equipments/ machines.
- • Observing radiation safety for the radiation workers, staff members, patients and public in the Departments of Radiation Oncology, Radiodiagnosis, Nuclear Medicine and Medical Physics.
- • Participating in various research and developmental activities of the centre.
- • Facility design and Planning for commissioning of new radiation installations and decommissioning of old installations in accordance with the requirements of the installation that meets the regulatory stipulations of radiation protection and safety.
- • Preparations of specifications for treatment and dosimetric equipment.
- • Acceptance testing, commissioning and quality assurance (including calibration) of radiation facilities.
- • Measurement, analysis and tabulation of beam data for clinical use.
- • Development of QA protocols and procedures in radiation therapy regarding delivery of radiation treatment, radiation safety and control and regulatory compliance.
- • Supervision of radiation therapy equipment servicing and maintenance of records.
- • Teaching Radiation Physics to the PG-students for MD (Radiation Oncology) degree and the DMRT (Dept. in Medical Radiation Technology) students of SCB Medical College, Cuttack.